- Stepper motors arrived today. Yay!
- Nuts and bolts. Now I think kits are the way to go because of this stuff.
- Bag o' printed parts off eBay. They were the first to arrive.
- Rod. Not as hard to get as I thought. Fastenal had the drill rod.
- Spirit level, yard stick and calipers. Measure THEN cut. :)
- Instructions. Won't actually use iPad around dust.
- Springs. 12 to a box. Need less than one whole one.
- More hardware, arrived today. Need a new box.
- Accelerant (Mountain Dew)
- WD40 -- eternally useful
Almost there! Still missing: electronics, hot end, pesky unspec'ed springs, and ... 5/16" washers, damnit!
True Value let me down. Not their fault entirely, I suppose. I asked for "5/16 in. washers" and they gave them to me. What I failed to note, however, was that the ones needed for the project have an outer diameter of 5/8" and the ones they handed me have an OD of 7/8". So, while try-fitting some of the parts tonight I realized that I'd gotten the wrong ones, and the ones I have won't work. So there's another $5 I didn't need to spend. Anyone need some washers?
Moral of the story: pay attention to all the exact specifications of the project, even when you think something is a no-brainer.