Monday, February 15, 2010

Photoshop: Crumpled Paper Effect

Day 1/150

Followed this tutorial to create a crumpled paper background suitable for use on a web site or slide presentation background.





The key notes I would make to highlight the technique:
  1. Use a black-to-white, diamond gradient with the gradient mode set to difference and draw a bunch of random gradient diamonds on a new layer
  2. Apply the emboss filter
  3. Remember to adjust the levels afterward to get the paper back to white (a step not covered in the tutorial)
I didn't like how the turorial created the edges, so I would try some other method. My result:



This "150 Days" series is to be a post-per-day review of design topics to help me brush up on skills and become a better designer and new media producer.

No comments: